After some delay swapping blades on the bandsaw, I now have a whole stack of cedar strips and I've begun laying them on. I've been impatient to get to this point, and I'm excited to be making progress again.
The cedar was expensive, by the way. I just got my heart set on it, but a cooler head might save some money buying another species.
The strips are stapled to the forms. Here I'm using a bit of cardboard in-between so that removing the staples will be easier later. [Edit: Later, I gave up on this. The staples are easy enough to pull without the cardboard] You can also see masking tape holding the strips together while they glue.